OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS , Inpatient Rehab
****Full-Time & Part-Time (Registry) Positions Available
Loyola University Health System, located 13 miles west of downtown Chicago, is seeking full- and part-time (registry) Occupational Therapists for positions available in Inpatient Rehabilitation.
- Evaluates patients, plans and implements an effective Occupational Therapy program based upon assessment, clinical judgment and psychological sensitivity for inpatients and/or outpatients with diverse diagnoses.
- Provides patient education, consultation and discharge planning, supervises and delegates patient care to Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants, Rehab Technicians and Occupational Therapy Students.
- Contributes to the growth of Occupational Therapy services by assisting with the development of new programs and educating others about occupational therapy.
- Patient Assessment and Treatment: Performs patient evaluations and treatments in alignment with the Occupational Therapy Practice Act and departmental policies and procedures to assess patient's functional deficits and identify recommendations for intervention utilizing basic skills with occasional supervision throughout the entire span of life.
- Documentation: Performs required documentation for evaluation and treatment findings and communicates in a competent, complete, accurate, clear, concise and timely manner to meet patient and/or family needs, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Communication: Promotes teamwork by actively participating in team activities and fostering effective working relationships with coworkers and supervisors.
- Program/Staff Development: Contributes to the efficient and safe operation as well as the innovation and strategic plan of the Rehab/Occupational Therapy Services by participating in delegated activities.
- Clinical Instruction: Supervises and delegates appropriate patient care responsibilities to COTA's, Rehab Technicians and OT Students(when appropriate) in adherence with the OT Practice Act to ensure desired outcomes and patient safety.
- Service Excellence: Assures customer satisfaction by exhibiting service excellence skills.
- Required: Bachelors Degree
- Preferred: Masters Degree
- Required: Less than one year of previous job-related experience
- Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Required: CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), Licensed/Registered Occupational Therapist
Loyola is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer/educator and is committed to a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
When you join Loyola University Health System, you are enhancing your career at an academic medical institution nationally recognized for providing exceptional clinical care and translating groundbreaking research into new treatments and solutions that will shape the future of medicine. Loyola fosters an environment that encourages innovation, embraces diversity, respects life and values human dignity. At Loyola, we also treat the human spirit.